Sunday, August 26, 2012

Our Sundays

We are getting into a routine here in Tokyo and Sundays are easy, but usually something new to see and experience.
I usually go for a slow 5-6 mile run and some interesting sights. Two guys sleeping off a night out on the street corner. I live in a high rent area, so not something I expected to see. The trains all stop at midnight, so if people don't make the train they will plop in the station or street and sleep it off. No one bothers them and once the trains start at 5 am the weaving masses start to exit the stations. Yesterday I think I could have gotten drunk from the fumes coming from the people I passed on the train. I was just worried these two would get hit by a car, but nobody else seemed to blink.

On to church and usually lunch after the service. We decide on meals depending on what festival or event is going on in the area. Church is near Yoyogi park and many events are held in the park almost every weekend. Once the weather gets colder we will try to hit more of the inside museums, but right now enjoying the locals.


There were dance groups performing in parades right in front of the church, so we stopped and watched for a while. So many people and beautiful costumes.
Ok, and then this weird store window display. Looks real.
We usually walk back to Shibuya from church and take our time people watching and usually doing some errands in town. It is always nice to have my husband to help lug things back to the apartment. I can shop for more things. It is something that is always in the back of your mind when shopping. Is this all going to be too heavy or should I use delivery? That is why I shop almost every day for food and other things.
Back to the apartment and now that we have US tv we look for some football or soccer. Yesterday we watched the Seahawks beat Kansas city and had a nice light supper. Very relaxing and a fun day.

2 comments:

  1. Go Seahawks! But that looks like your red version of Ursula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting all the games, but have to watch them in the morning or tape them.
    Creepy huh!

    ReplyDelete