Saturday, November 3, 2012

In the USA

Well, I have been here a week and happy to just hear a language I understand and Food!
I came into a crazy storm called Sandy and grateful that family and friends are all ok. My home on Long Island is devastated and NY and NJ is a mess. My heart breaks.
They finally cancelled the NY marathon and wish they had sooner. I'll be honest and say I would not have run anyway. Just couldn't see myself tring to enjoy myself. I hope the race compensates in some way to the people who went after it was announced that it was a go! Bad all around for everyone and so many people who want to help.
It is strange how I feel being here. Love everyone and enjoying, but no home for me and since I still feel like a tourist in Tokyo not sure of my feelings. It is only another 18 months in Japan, so planning for more trips and Yeah- visitors! I will enjoy showing people around.
Off for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment